Short's Travel has career opportunities at our Waterloo, IA headquarters, Overland Park, KS office, on-site locations, and opportunities to work from home.
Are you up to the task of joining the Short's Team? If so, send your resume here. Please include the job title you are applying for in your submission, and we will be in touch.
This position will serve as the liaison between all departments to ensure the Short's brand is effectively delivered throughout the entire company utilizing our messaging, vision, and logo. They will maintain and execute database of all documents and materials to ensure consistency to all clients, prospects and employees. They will support all product subject matter experts with road maps, timelines, launch, marketing and sales materials for all Short’s products.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications with one to two years of experience working in a marketing/sales role; social media experience is a plus.
Chief Financial Officer
This position is required to make high level financial recommendations to the senior management team and to ensure the effective workings of the Finance team and all finance and accounting functions. The Chief Financial Officer plans, organizes and directs the fiscal services and financial planning functions. These functions include the development, interpretation, coordination and administration of Short’s policies on finance, financial and accounting systems, internal controls, auditing, planning, reimbursement and billing.
- A qualified candidate is required to have an MBA, CPA or equivalent education and a minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible management experience in finance.
Strategic Sourcing and Planning Manager
This position will serve as a sourcing and/or planning manager for the Groups & Meetings Team responsible for strategic sourcing, meetings management, client services, vendor relations and sales. Required skills include hotel contract negotiations, customer service, creative problem solving and vendor management. In addition, the position will support the selling and servicing of the PlanningPoint tool for the use of groups and meetings registration. This position can be based in our Waterloo, IA office, Overland Park, KS office or be located virtually.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a meeting planner or hotel sales position and an associate or college degree or equivalent experience is required.
Strategic Account Manager, Kansas City Metro
The Strategic Account Manager will function in a lead capacity of the Client Services Team with a focus on building strong business relationships with assigned accounts through the identification, development and management of growth opportunities. This position is responsible for retention and growth of the existing client base through individual efforts and efforts of the client services team to deliver profitable quality service.
- A qualified candidate is required to have 5 years of experience in account management and 10 years of experience in the travel industry. A BS or BA Degree is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
The Product Manager will develop products by: identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications; production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; and developing marketing strategies. The Product Manager role requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, competent organizational skills, and effective interpersonal skills.This position can be based in our Waterloo, IA office, Overland Park, KS office or be located virtually.
- A qualified candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience in product development, from inception to completion.
Infrastructure Manager, Waterloo, IA
The IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, developing the infrastructure staff and keeping the leadership team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to succeed. Expert knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular technology stack or application is necessary. Knowledge of corporate travel industry is preferred.
- A qualified candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Networking, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or a related field and 7+ years of exemplary infrastructure experience.
On-Site Corporate Travel Consultant, Orlando, FL
This position responds to customer travel requests for reservations (airline, hotel, rental car, or other modes of transportation) in an efficient, courteous and timely manner. An individual in this position manages all functions relating to the booking, administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer request and industry requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years of travel agent experience in a similar position is required as well as VIP service experience and international booking & ticketing skills.
This position will serve in a support capacity to the Strategic Account Management Team. The candidate will assist with data and industry analysis, special projects, reporting, marketing materials, social media, and overall client communications. This position can be based in our Waterloo, IA office, Overland Park, KS office or virtually in the Des Moines, IA area.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess an Associate’s degree or above and/or have 2 years working experience in a marketing/sales or account support role; social media experience is a plus. Flexibility to travel is required.
Don't see the job you're looking for, but think Short's would be a good fit? Send us your resume. We're always seeking to add talented individuals to our team!
HERE ARE A FEW REASONS WHY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR US:
CREATE & INNOVATE: At Short's, we've earned the title as "Most Innovative Travel Management Company" due to our forward thinkers. Every day our employees think outside of the box in creating new products to help solve today's travel challenges for tomorrow's travelers.
MOVEMENT AROUND THE COMPANY: We encourage movement in new roles to expand our staff's knowledge and develop new skills. This keeps everyone inspired and invigorated. Plus the flexibility in hours and roles can keep up with your life events. ADDED BONUS: With multiple on-site offices throughout the country, this could mean mountains or beaches are included in the move.
AIRLINE TICKETS: Each employee gets two domestic tickets a year to use as they please, as long as you take your boss along. Just kidding. Take WHOever you'd like, and go WHEREVER you'd like, on us.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER: Whether on the fly or annual events, Short's offers many opportunities to take a break from the everyday grind. These cookouts, baseball games, ice cream socials, and happy hours are well attended by Short's employees. After all, it's free entertainment - who could say no?